Take a photo each day for a year...

seems simple enough, right?

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Saying Good-bye


That's my snowboarder girl sticker from Whistler, BC, Canada. I adored that image and loved  having "her" with us - me & my Baby Blue.


Today I said good-bye to my beloved 2000 Ford Explorer. Long ago, I yelled at a friend for over-thinking a car..."It's just a CAR!", I'd exclaimed. Here I was, crying in the dealership because it was time to let my Baby Blue go. I didn't think they'd give me close enough to what I wanted (for a trade), and then they did! So I had to say good-bye to my car of 8 years, right there in a dealership parking lot with the hawkers gawking. I rubbed the dash, like I've done hundreds of times, and thanked her for keeping me safe and always being trusty & reliable. She was no ordinary "exploder". I hope she goes to a nice new sassy girl owner like me!

No comments:

Post a Comment